12 Autumn Things
I’m going to be very unoriginal here and write about one of my (and so many other people’s) favorite things.
I’m not the biggest fan of the cold, and in summer I’m always convinced I’m overheating and about to sweat to death on the side of the street, and find proper clothing hard to find.
Well when I say proper, I mean clothes that won’t be drenched in sweat and make me look and feel disgusting. Sorry guys, truth.
Spring is okay, but it always feels so short. Like “oh hey I’m here, okay time to go, bye”.
So it’s hard to appreciate a season that I usually only get to see for, oh I don’t know, three days.
But autumn. Autumn likes to let everyone know that it’s here. While not here for too long, enough to make us miss it when it’s gone, and anticipate its next arrival.
Here are some of my favorite things about autumn
- Having an excuse to drink several tea pots a day.
- Rainy days under the covers
- Knowing Christmas will soon be arriving, and anticipating the Christmas movies I’ll soon get to watch
- HALLOWEEN! (The day, not the traumatising movies)
- Hocus Pocus
- Getting to watch scary movies all month long, no excuses
- The fashion; layers, scarves, leggings, long sweaters, etc
- The food; soups, chili’s, stews
- Evenings getter darker, earlier
- The general coziness
- The autumn leaves on the ground
- Getting to wear slippers in the evenings
If only it lasted longer…