I have always had such specific goals for myself, and I’ve already accomplished what I really wanted to do (University for arts, travel, and eventually move to a new city).
I never planned for life after age 23 and now I have no clue what I really want to do.
I always planned to act, because that was always my biggest passion. It is still a big passion of mine, and I don’t think people realise nearly how much work each actor does, and the crazy long hours they work.
But ever since travelling Australia, New Zealand, and halfway across Canada, all that’s on my mind is where to travel next.
I spend so much time planning out where to travel next that I haven’t spent much time thinking about the present, and how to get to where I want to be, whether that’s travel, writing, acting or whatever.
I decided I need to set myself some goals to try to accomplish, and hopefully these are some I can attain.
- Explore a new city
- Explore my own city
- Stop getting annoyed over the little things that really don’t matter, why upset myself?
- To stop comparing myself to others. I never used to but now all of a sudden I am. Where did this come from? I need to not allow myself to do this
- Say yes to things more often. I’m too much in my comfort zone. I used to always try to be outside of my comfort zone to experience more. I need to get back to that
- To see more theatre
- Accept that quality is better than quantity
- Learn more about myself
- Learn some new recipes to test out on a rainy day
- Be nicer to myself, no more negativity
- Cook more, stop eating out so much, even though it’s technically not that often
- Be active every day, get those endorphins going
- Stop trying to force friendships…if you aren’t feeling the friendship, let it go
- Cook healthier meals
- Go to a cooking/baking class
- Bake more goodies
- Improve my photography skills
- Read like I used to
- Talk to friends more- it’s so easy to get caught up in your busy life that you forget who really matters
- Make a cleaning chart- boring I know, but it will help keep the apartment on track
- Save more money for travels
- But also, spend more money on things I need. I get too thrifty when I’m saving for something, and haven’t updated my wardrobe in a very long time. I also just had my first hair cut in a year and a half. Spend on the things I need
- Learn some beauty tricks. I rarely wear make-up and when I do its just some mascara or eyeliner. I love watching make-up tutorials, maybe I should try it out sometime
- Do my hair more often. It’s usually down or in a bun. Be creative
- Figure out what makes me happy in life and do it
I think once I start achieving some small goals for myself I’ll be much happier and have a better time trying to figure myself out and decide just what it is I truly want out of life.
We shall see I guess! That’s half the fun anyways.