This is just a list of things that you should try to do at least once a day to improve your general outlook on life. Sometimes our days can be hard. Sometimes not so hard. But either way, there are always simple things we can do that will make our day so much better.
Here are 7 things I try to do each day that I think helps me have a much better day!
- Smile. Since starting at a new job that I truly love I find I am smiling SO much more than I used to. When I worked in retail I rarely smiled, and when I did it was usually forced. Now I fins myself smiling without realizing.
- Floss. So many people barely floss and, just saying, every day that I floss (which is everyday) makes my mouth feels so much better. Like, yeah I want to show you all my pearly whites. I feel better, I smile more, and I know that I’m taking care of my gums.
- Eat something delicious. Something that makes your mouth do a dance all the way down to your stomach. Something that makes you want to savor the taste forever. Or at least until the next delicious thing comes about. For me I have my favorite meals currently.
- Compliment someone. I often worry that if I compliment people they’ll think I’m weird, but really, everyone enjoys a nice honest compliment. It takes nothing to be nice to someone, and if makes someone so happy, why not do it more often?
- Read. Anything. A book, a magazine, an online article. Something other than our social media. Remember the wonder of reading as a child? Let’s try that again. I spend hours lost in books, and honestly, I could really spend days. I take away something from everything that I read. I’ve started trying to make sure to read every day and I love it!
- Focus on your dreams. Why are you in the job that you’re in? Is it because you love it and want to be there forever? Or do you have dreams of another career? What about lifestyle dreams or travel dreams? They’ll stay dreams forever unless you focus on them and make an effort. And really, how happy does it make you to just day dream for a while? It’s one of my happy places.
- Share something. A snack, a story, anything. Sharing is caring (it’s true) and makes you feel so good to have that positive connection with another.
Doing all of the above really makes for a much better day. There are so many more things you could do to make your day better, so why not do them?
What little things do you do everyday that make your day better?