I love to cook. We all know this, but sometimes a girl just doesn’t feel like cooking anything. I admit this happens more often after a long day at work, but sometimes even when I’ve done nothing much all day, I still don’t feel like spending hours prepping and cooking a meal that will only take me 20 minutes to eat.
And all those dishes afterwards – shudder!
I do have a few go to’s for when I’m being a lazy girl. A few specific meals that if I don’t feel like spending too long cooking, or slaving away at cleaning up the kitchen afterwards, that I’ll make.
My first lazy girl guide is to mini pizzas!
We all love pizza. Myself included. I love how making mini pizzas can be so quick to make, and have very little clean up afterwards.
While not the healthiest, they can be made healthier if using better ingredients. These mini pizzas however, are just a quick version. Nothing healthy about these!
Here is my first lazy girl guide to mini pizzas!
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
You really don’t need much. I just grabbed some pita’s that I had frozen in the freezer, bottled pizza sauce, Frank’s hot sauce, garlic powder, basil, oregano, Yves veggie pepperoni slices and whatever cheese I had in the fridge.
- Put pita’s on a pan.
- Cover in sauce, hot sauce, and spices.
- Next add the pepperoni, and if you decide other toppings. When I make pizza’s (the non lazy girl version) I roast peppers, sweet potatoes and other ingredients in the oven before topping.
- Cover with cheese!
- Bake for ten minutes. Then turn off oven, and broil on high for 5 minutes. This makes the cheese crispy, and overall makes the mini pizza’s look better.
- Take out of the oven and watch the pizzas steam up your camera!
- Let cool for a few minutes, then cut into four slices.
I am now stuffed, but the good thing about making two mini pizzas is…leftovers! I love cold pizza so I’m always excited to have a cold pizza to look forward to the next day.
And there you have it. The first Lazy Girl food guide.