We all have those meals that are our quick, go to meals. I do have a few of these, specifically beans on toast, rice corn and salsa, and my favorite quick dinner, veggie stir fry.
There is something so delicious about a simple veggie stir fry. It is so quick to make, is healthy, uses a ton of fresh ingredients, and can be made different every time.
I love how easy it is to just clean out your fridge with whatever fresh ingredients you have in there.
I love mixing up my stir fry’s with something different each time so it’s not like I’m eating the same dinner over and over.
My favorite fresh veggies to throw in (not necessarily all at once though!) are zucchini, broccoli, corn, bell peppers, onion, green beans, yellow beans, bok choy, asparagus, yellow squash, peas, carrots. Literally you can throw in everything!
I usually switch up the base between rice, rice noodles, egg noodles, or my favorite, Farkay brand chow mein noodles. These noodles are SO delicious and my go to base for my stir fry’s.
Last week I had my surgery on my toe so I decided to make a veggie stir fry on both Tuesday and Wednesday. Which I was more than happy to do 😉
Each day I made them slightly different but overall they were the same amount delicious!
I made enough so that Scott could have leftovers for lunch and he told me how delicious his leftovers were. I wasn’t surprised 😉
I don’t really have a recipe because this meal can be made so many different ways and it is so easy.
- What I do is throw all of the veggies in my giant wok with some olive oil. I turn the heat on medium-high and continue stirring.
- As I have the veggies cooking, I bring a large pot of water to a boil.
- Once the water is boiling I had in the Farkay chow mein noodles. I usually add in half a bag for two meals.
- Cook the chow mein noodles in boiling water for one minute.
- Put noodles in your bowl.
- Once your veggies are cooked to your liking (I like mine still crunchy) put your veggies over top of your noodles.
- (Or if you like, mix it all in together before putting the noodles and veggies in your bowl!)
- I like to use soya sauce and teryaki sauce with my stir fry’s.
AND THERE YOU HAVE IT! A delicious and healthy dinner that only took you about 20 minutes altogether to make!
What is your favorite quick go to dinner?
Do you love veggie stir fry as much as I do?