Next stop; Places to go!
Anyone who knows me well, or not well at all, knows that travel is my everything. I am always up for an adventure.
I moved to Ottawa at age 18 for university.After university I moved to North Bay, Ontario for 6 months, then Australia for 6 months!
While that trip had so many more downs than ups, the ups are pretty much all that I remember. I got to live in the most livable city in the world (Melbourne, which was an absolute beauty) I got to climb the Sydney harbour bridge, go to the most Easternly point of Australia at the Byron Bay lighthouse, go snorkelling on the Great Barrier reef, avoid as many Ibis’ as possible in Brisbane, made some absolutely amazing friends from all over the world who I still talk to to this day, and so much more!
Then, I traveled to New Zealand’s North Island for a week. That was the best week of my entire life. I rented a car and got to stay in several cool hostels, all while checking out the geothermal activity in Rotorua, going on an adventure in Hobbiton, bungee jumping (!) in Taupo, and getting lost trying to return my rental car in Auckland before catching a plane home to Canada. After returning to North Bay for 6 months, Scott and I set out to drive across Canada to move to Vancouver. While I wish we had had more adventure time, it was an awesome trip.
So here is a look at future trips I’m planning, with no date set in the foreseeable future, cause a girls got to dream!
- Las Vegas. The only one WITH a foreseeable future. Sometime in 2016 Scott and I are planning a week in sin city. It’ll be our first international trip together, and honestly, it seems all glitz and glamour but it’s actually quite cheap, granted you don’t spend all your money on hookers and gambling, which we definitely won’t. While there I can’t wait to go in every hotel, go to the Grand Canyon, maybe do a helicopter ride. Maybe try my luck at a few slots…we’ll see.
- South Africa. This will be a big one. It will be Scott’s first time overseas, and my first time on that side of the world. So far I’m thinking of landing in Johannesburg, spending a day there, and then going on to Krueger National park for a few days of safari. I want to see lions so bad! After that I really want to check out Cape Town for a few days, as I’ve heard it’s the most beautiful city in the world. And while there, go on a shark diving tour! I love sharks. If we have time I’d love to fly to Victoria Falls, but I’m not sure which side I’d want to check out. Zambia or Zimbabwe. I’ve heard good things about both. Any tips?
- Next, I’ve been dreaming about Iceland for as long as I can remember. I’ve heard there’s similarities between Iceland and New Zealand (my favourite country) so I’d love to see for myself and compare. I think for Iceland I’d want to just rent a car and drive…obviously make a loose planned route so I know where I’m sleeping each night, but just let what happens happen.
- Croatia! I dream of this country, and I have for the past few years. I’m not even sure where it came from. I think it started when I saw a picture of the old city in Dubrovnik, and after that the obsession started. Every picture I see is just so historic and gorgeous. Take me there!
- London, obvs. As a theatre major, and a history nerd, London will be a place I go one day, chances are more than once. More than twice! Everything about London is something I’m interested in, so what’s more perfect? Nothing, that’s what.
I have no idea when any of these trips will be taken. Probably years from now, but hey, a girl can dream!
And I’ve definitely already been dreaming and planning 🙂