So it seems that most people love summer. Some people spend their years chasing summer around the world. Some people try to avoid it. I am of the latter. I would much rather chase winter around the world and have maybe two weeks a year of summer.
I used to love summer, but since moving to Vancouver I find the heat here unbearable.
It’s kinda funny, because I lived in Australia and never had an issue with the heat. But I think that the heat here in Vancouver is very humid, very wet. I know I’m not the only one who finds this though, because many have told me. You’ll be outside walking, you’re fine, then you get the your destination and find yourself dripping sweat.
Yeah, not pretty…
So this summer I plan to try to make the most of the heat, and try to have as much fun as I can.
I decided to write up a list of fun things to do this summer, to try to beat the heat, or just embrace it!
Things to do this summer
- Float around in a pool on a floatie
- Go tubing on the river
- Make DIY jean short cutoffs
- Have a picnic
- Take underwater photos
- Build a sand castle on the beach
- Make a terrarium filled with succulents, I adore succulents
- Make a fort… in the back yard, the living room, or even over your bed, and just hang out in it
- Sip ice cold lemonade in the sunshine outside
- Make some homemade ice cream sandwiches, YUM
- Go berry picking
- Take a road trip somewhere you’ve never been before
- Go see a movie at the drive-in
- Eat S’mores made over a campfire
- Go hiking
- Invite your favorite people over for a BBQ
- Go to a museum to cool off
- Check out an art gallery and support local artists
- Eat lots of frozen yogurt, calories don’t count when it is to help you cool off
- Count the stars while laying in the grass
- Stick some flowers in your hair to embrace your inner hippie
- Visit the farmers market and buy local
- Learn something new, for me it’s chess
Those are all of the ideas I have right now! I know I won’t get around to everything on this list, but definitely a good few!
Any summer plans you are looking forward to?