Things you should do at least once a day
This is a list for betterment, not for health reasons. Or maybe betterment could also contribute to health reasons?
Actually yeah, they probably do. I just mean I’m not going to tell you to brush your teeth every day because I’m hoping you do that anyways.
This is just a list of things that you should try to do at least once a day to improve your general outlook on life.
- Smile. As a kid I was smiling all the time, now I worry that some days I don’t smile enough. It has nothing to do with being unhappy, it’s just when I’m at work and I’m tired and it’s a long day with such negativity, smiling is hard to come by. Let’s all try to smile more often throughout days like these and maybe everyone’s moods will improve just a tad
- Floss. Okay I know I said I wasn’t going to tell you to brush your teeth, but flossing? So many people barely floss, and just saying, every day that I floss (which is everyday) makes my mouth feels so much better. Like, yeah I want to show you all my pearly whites.
- Eat something delicious. Something that makes your mouth do a dance all the way down to your stomach. Something that makes you want to savour that taste forever. Or at least until the next delicious thing comes about.
- Compliment someone. I often worry that if I compliment people they’ll think I’m weird, but really, everyone enjoys a nice honest compliment. It takes nothing to be nice to someone, and if makes someone so happy, why not do it more often?
- Read. Anything. A book, a magazine, an online article. Something other than our social media. Remember the wonder of reading as a child? Let’s try that again. I spend hours lost in books, and honestly, I could really spend days. I take away something from everything that I read.
- Focus on your dreams. Why are you in the job that you’re in? Is it because you love it and want to be there forever? Or do you have dreams of another career? What about lifestyle dreams or travel dreams? They’ll stay dreams forever unless you focus on them and make an effort. And really, how happy does it make you to just day dream for a while? It’s one of my happy places.
- Share something. A snack, a story, anything. Sharing is caring (it’s true) and makes you feel so good to have that positive connection with another.
Doing all of the above really makes for a much better day.