Or maybe this should be titled “little things that make you feel like you have your shit together”.
Or a mixture of the two.
Lately times have been hard and stressful. That’s okay, it happens to everyone in the world, and will keep on happening. It’s so easy to focus on the hard and negative things and forget about the little things that help get you through the day, or the week, or even the month. Hell, through life.
I know personally when it feels like nothing is where I want them to be it’s really hard to find perspective in anything. All I can think about is what I want, not how to get there.
I have decided that when my stress and anxiety is over coming me, to try my best to focus on little things that make my life good.
Here are a few examples
- Getting parcels in the mail
- When a new episode you’ve been waiting for comes out
- Fresh, clean sheets –so huge
- New art work up on the walls
- Planning trips
- Receiving thanks
- Exploring new places
- Knowing that tomorrow you get to sleep in – no alarm, huzzah!
- Air popped popcorn
- Wearing matching underwear
- Getting new underwear
- When the nights get darker earlier
- Waking up to sun
- Listening to rain
- A fresh cup of tea
- Falling asleep right away when going to bed
- Endorphins after exercise- you can do anything!
There are honestly so many little things that make life better, if I don’t stop now I’ll never stop. It’s so hard when the day is tough to think of the things that make your life better and that’s perfectly understandable. But if we could just take a few moments to try and think of things, maybe our day wouldn’t seem so glum.