I adore reading posts of the happy things that happen in people’s day to day lives. Sometimes it can be a struggle to think of all the good things that can happen in a day, when we are constantly feeling the bad. I know every time that I go on social media these days I see so many negative things. I am interested in the news but really, every time I read the paper or watch the news I feel terrible afterwards.
- Getting parcels in the mail
- When a new episode you’ve been waiting for comes out
- A new haircut
- Fresh, clean sheets
- Animal cuddles
- New art work up on the walls
- Planning future trips
- The show Bones
- Receiving thanks when you don’t expect it
- Exploring new places
- Fairy lights
- Knowing that tomorrow you get to sleep in – no alarm!
- Air popped popcorn
- Wearing matching underwear
- Getting new underwear
- Free time to do whatever you want
- When the nights get darker earlier
- Waking up to sun
- Disney movies
- A good bath
- Listening to rain
- A fresh cup of tea
- Falling asleep right away when going to bed
- The endorphin’s you get after exercise
I know this list of happy things can happen to any of us, no matter the kind of day we’ve having. I doubt they will all happen in the same day (hello miracle if they did, best day ever!) but just knowing that something good is always around the corner, kind of makes me feel a bit better.
Doesn’t it make you feel better also?
What are some of your happy things?
Do you agree with any on this list?
What am I missing?