Thank goodness for Netflix. I get so addicted to shows and always have a few on the go. While addicted to a show it is the only thing that I ever want to watch. I am usually pretty good at handling the sadness when I finish a show, but sometimes shows are cancelled that just should not have been!
Sometimes a show ends on a cliff hanger, so you think another season will be coming on. Then you hear the announcement that the show has been cancelled.
How are you supposed to have closure now?
There are several TV shows that should not have been cancelled. Here are my main ones.
- Hannibal. This show was incredible. Based off the Hannibal Lecter book series Red Dragon, I loved seeing a different perspective on events, especially because I have seen all of the movies. This show was very dark, a bit creepy, and very artistic. I think the reason it may have been cancelled was because it became too dark and artistic for some viewers. It is such an addicting show!
- The Following. This show starred Kevin Bacon (!!!) as Ryan Hardy who is an ex FBI agent who is physically and mentally damaged. Hardy is brought back to assist the FBI when the serial killer that Hardy put away in prison escapes and recruits cult-like followers. This show also only lasted 3 seasons and I will never forgive FOX for cancelling it. It was perfect!
- Constantine. This show was really cool. It was about demon hunter John Constantine. Constantine believes that his soul belongs to the other side, and doesn’t see the point in fighting anymore. However, demons soon begin to target the daughter of an old friend, so Constantine has to help.
- Freaks and Geeks. I randomly stumbled upon this show on Netflix one day and immediately became hooked. It features very young James Franco, Seth Rogen and Jason Segal, and was one of Judd Apatow’s earliest works. It was cancelled after one season, which even the actors agree was just ridiculous!
- Undeclared. Another from Judd Apatow, this show showed a young Jay Baruchel and his first year of college. This also only lasted one season, but should have lasted longer!
- Lie to me. This show,like the first two, only lasted 3 seasons. Dr Cal Lightman of the Lightman group is a single father who studies deception. He often works with the police and government to find out if people are lying or not. This show was SO GOOD YOU NEED TO WATCH IT!
What I would give to have these shows come back on the air. They were all so good and I cannot recommend them all enough, if you can handle having your heart ripped out when they end all too quickly.
What shows were cancelled too soon for you?
Have you seen any of these shows?