The best TV shows of all time, in my opinion. I don’t have cable currently and have no plans of getting it anytime soon. I either own box sets of my favorite TV shows or just watch them on Netflix. After all, it is the time of “Netflix and chill”.
Currently I’m working my way through Bones. I wasn’t sure how much I would like this show, but once I started watching it I immediately understood why it’s been on the air for 13 years. I could watch Bones forever!
However, I have sped through the first 8 seasons so quickly so I know soon I’ll be having to start another TV show while I wait for the latest season to end up on Netflix.
I was looking through my box sets and wanted to share with you all what shows, in my opinion, are the best TV shows of all time.
- The O.C. I don’t care if I didn’t start watching this show until after it was off the air. The O.C is the first show that I became truly addicted to. I would borrow seasons from friends of mine, and then bought them all as soon as I could. I re-watch this show every year without fail. Seth Cohen is a dream 🙂
- The Hills. Another teen favorite. It was the first reality TV show I liked, and even though we now know that it actually wasn’t all “reality”, I still find myself re-watching every season until Lauren leaves every time I’m sick. Audrina was always my girl.
- The X-Files. I remember watching a few random episodes as a kid, but other than that I never really knew much. Until I met one of my close friends who is truly obsessed. Hearing her rave passionate speeches about it made me want to watch. And watch it I did! I’m not finished it yet, but this show is unlike any other, especially for it’s time. There are so many INCREDIBLE episodes!
- Lie to me. My boyfriend actually started watching this without me. I would read or be trying to sleep and would see him watching it from his tablet. It looked so interesting. Eventually I told him I wanted to watch as well. We have since re-watched it twice. If you get the chance, I highly recommend this one. Tim Roth is so good to watch as the world’s leading deception expert. If this were a real job, I would want it!
- The Office – America. I also didn’t start watching The Office until after it was off the air. The first two episodes I was like “what the hell am I watching?” and by episode three I was like “Omg never turn it off”. Kevin is my favorite character, and I could watch a few episodes every day.
- The League. This show is so not me. At all. It is about friends and their fantasy football team. When Scott told me about it I had no interest in watching. I’m so glad I did. Seriously, we own every season and I wish so much they would bring it back. This show is hilarious! My favorite character is Andre, the geeky plastic surgeon, and Rafi, the psycho brother-in-law. Every episode is so entertaining to watch. It is the first TV show that made me laugh out loud. UGH IT’S THE BEST.
- Freaks and Geeks. I found this show when I first started watching Netflix years ago. It stars a very young Seth Rogen, James Franco and Jason Segal. Judd Apatow directed and wrote lots of episodes. There was only one season, but is now a cult classic. Watch this show. Now! Also, John Francis Daley, who is the psychiatrist in Bones, got his start in this show!
- And my ultimate favorite, Swamp People. As a vegetarian you would think I would hate this show. It follows different hunters around the swamp hunting alligators. But actually, I bloody love it. I come from a hunting family and have no issues with hunting, as long as it’s done properly. I would prefer people to hunt than eat the meats from the grocery stores. I understand that gators need to be hunted or else they would overpopulate, leaving people and other animals in grave danger. It is so amazing to watch how much these people respect the swamp and the animals that they hunt, and how they live their lives. I watch this show over and over and have no plans to stop.
I obviously have loads of other shows that I love and enjoy watching, but these 8 are the ultimate’s!
Which TV shows are your favorite of all time?