We’ve all been there. You’ve had a busy morning and had no time to have a snack break. Maybe you skipped breakfast, maybe you didn’t, either way is, now you’re starving. But it’s one of those days where you just don’t have the time to put a lot of time and effort into making a lunch. So a quick lunch will have to do.
A quick lunch doesn’t have to be boring. It doesn’t have to be a sandwich or a salad, or in my usual case, a banana.
When I’m crunched on time but want something delicious, quick and easy, I have a go to recipe.
I love to make Teriyaki noodles!
Normally I would add in some bok choy, garlic and broccoli, but today I had none of those and didn’t have the time to run to the store, so I just had to make do with the (very) limited ingredients that I had, and made a mental note to stock up on some fresh veggies later!
- Spaghetti noodles (use as much as you need for your bowl, one serving)
- 1/4 cup teriyaki sauce
- 2 TBSP sesame seeds
- Olive oil
- Fresh veggies
- Bring 8 cups of lightly salted water to a boil
- Once boiling add in uncooked spaghetti noodles
- In a pan sautee the fresh veggies that you choose in olive oil
- Boil on medium-high for about 8 minutes or until desired tenderness
- Drain pasta
- Throw sauteed veggies in with pasta and mix together
- Pour in about 1/4 cup of teriyaki sauce. (I say about 1/4 cup because sometimes I like it very saucy, other times not so much, it’s up to you!)
- Add in sesame seeds
- Mix together
- Plate and serve!
You’ll notice in my photos that there are no fresh veggies in this dish. As mentioned above I was out, but trust me, it’s delicious!
Would you try out this quick lunch?
What is your go to lunch?