New York is one of the best places in the world, obviously.
It has an endless amount of things to do, it’s impossible to do even 1% I’m sure.
I’ve only been to New York City twice, but I managed to make a list of favorite things of mine to do in those two short trips.
I’m constantly dreaming about the next time I can go back to New York City and what new things I’ll do, and what special things I’ll want to do again.
I have a few ideas.
Here are some of my favorites.
- Eat at Europan in Times Square. I was coming back from seeing Phantom of the Opera (amazing!) with a friend my first night in NYC. As she was telling me how much she wanted something sweet, we walked past a window full of giant cookies. After a couple of minutes I told her, so we went back to check it out. Inside was a huge display of many desserts. Our favorite (every time) was the Oreo cheesecake. Europan ended up being the hangout place. We went back at least twice a day both trips.
- See a Broadway show. The most obvious of them all. I’ve seen Phantom of the Opera, How to succeed in business without really trying, and Once in NYC. Broadway is an experience not to be missed!
- Central park. I could spend my entire time in New York wandering around Central Park. Both times my friends had to pull me out of it. I adore the city, but having the peace and beauty of central park is just too good.
- Go to Forever 21, H&M… Forever 21 has 3 floors, H&M has at least 2…it’s like a regular awesome store, on crack.
- Go shopping in Soho and Chinatown. The deals you’ll find with amazing quality are priceless.
- Eat yogurt at Chobani. The first ever Greek yogurt shop. The yogurt is a tad pricey, but so good and healthy.
- Eat pizza! So cheap and to be found everywhere, it’s hard to be disappointed. I had the best chicken ricotta slice in Brooklyn.
- Eat street meat. Enough said. Every single vendor we walked past I wanted something from. Everything looked and tasted so good. Nowhere does food like NYC.
- See Lady Liberty. She is so iconic; it would be a wasted trip if you didn’t at least take a ferry past her. I wasn’t too impressed, but I’m so glad I went. The reason I wasn’t very impressed could have been the fact that I was freezing and it was very windy, so most of my time there was spent trying to keep my scarf and hat from blowing away.
- Eat at Chipotle. My first Chipotle experience was at one of the millions of Chipotle’s on every street corner. And I must say I haven’t had one so good since. I even hate cilantro rice, but liked it from there.
- Get lost exploring the city. NYC is such a walk able city, so why not explore it right?
Trust me; no matter what you end up doing in New York, you won’t regret it.
These are only a few of the things that I personally have gotten up to and would do again.
It is such a personable city; you will never not be entertained.
GO TO NEW YORK CITY!
Note, the photos in this post were kindly provided by my amazingly talented friend MJ. Thanks lady!
This post contains affiliate links/banners.