Christmas Movies I Can’t Wait To Watch
I think we all know that the best time of the year to watch movies is Christmas time. Obviously.
This isn’t an ordinary movie time, it’s a special movie time.
It is so fun to plan what incredible Christmas movie you’re about to watch, make some hot chocolate, grab a few blankets and snuggle up to get watching.
I don’t know about you, but I find it SO hard to decide what to watch first because I love them all so much, and choosing that first movie kind of sets you up for all of the movies that you’re going to watch this year. Like, what if you pick the best one to start and then none of the other movies live up to your incredibly high “I love Christmas” movie watching expectations?
No you don’t think that? It’s just me? Okay. I understand. I’m weird.
But seriously, with so many Christmas movies out there it’s hard to pick the proper first one to start the season off with. I have an idea which one will be my first, but here are all that I know for sure will be on my Christmas movie watching list.
- Elf. I have a pretty strong feeling that this movie will kick off my Christmas movie watching experience for this year, and possibly make a few more appearances before Christmas. It’s hilarious and I want to hang out with Buddy the elf for a few hours, I honestly cannot get enough of this movie.
- The original Rudolph the red nosed reindeer. When I think of Christmas and my childhood Christmas movie watching times, this is the first movie that I think of. I love the 1964 stop motion and the voice of Burl Ives. I know it’s time for Christmas when I watch this movie.
- The year without a Santa Clause. It actually blows my mind that this stop motion movie came out in 1974. I’m not sure why, I guess in my head as a child it was a new movie. As the title suggests, Santa Clause decides to take a Christmas off because he feels unappreciated. Mrs. Clause and the elves set out to change his mind. With some amazing music from Heat miser and snow miser, this is such a fun and catchy movie.
- The Home Alone Movies. I have loved these movies since I was a child and last year for Christmas Scott’s mother bought me the box set (thanks Pau)! I’m pretty sure it was every child’s dream to have this happen to them to feel cool while defeating the bad guys. No just me? Okay awkward.
- The Santa Clause Movies. I feel these movies hardly need any explanation as they are just so perfect. Who wouldn’t want to find out that their dad has just become Santa? These movies are just so magical with the North Pole and the snow globes.
- Love Actually. I love everything about this movie. How it isn’t a children’s movie. And how it’s very realistic, everything in this movie could happen, but it’s also very romantic at the same time. And Alan Rickman is one of my favourites.
- The Grinch. Both the cartoon and the live action movie. Christmas movie watching just isn’t complete without watching both of these classics.
- The Polar Express. A movie about belief, this movie is the definition of magical. I always want one of those mugs of hot chocolate that is served on the train. Everything about this movie while watching it screams “come have this adventure too!”. I only wish I could.
- White Christmas. This is one of my favourites. I got this movie a few years ago for Christmas and now watch it a few times every year. It’s about two sisters and two men who fought in WW2 together trying to save their commanders hotel while falling in love and putting on a show that will keep bringing the customers back.
- Fred Clause. Like any Vince Vaughn movie, this movie is sarcastic, witty and has lots of laughs while focusing on Santa Clause’s brother.
Some other Christmas movies you just have to watch is I’ll be home for Christmas, Jingle all the way, It’s a wonderful life, Miracle on 34th street, Frosty the snow man, Frosty returns, Four Christmases, The Family Stone.
Any other movies I should check out for the holiday season?
It looks like we will all be busy with our huge movie selections!
Also! I just looked out the window at the sun setting over the green mountains, I can now see snow sprinkled at the top!