My favorite meal is, and has always been, spaghetti bolognese. YUM! I could eat this meal every single day. Whether it be freshly made, leftovers, fried, baked with cheese. All of it. It is the best meal ever.
Growing up I always ate the bolognese with ground beef.
Now though, I am vegetarian and trying to slowly cut out most dairy. So this means, experimenting in the kitchen! One of my favorite things to do, especially in winter!
Even meat eaters love this recipe, so you can all enjoy this vegan meal together!
This is such a simple dish to make, even if you aren’t the best at cooking, you can make this!
- 2 cans of diced tomatoes
- 2 packages of Yves Italian veggie ground
- 3 celery sticks
- 1 green pepper
- 1 onion
- 1 can of tomato paste
- basil to taste
- oregano to taste
- parsley to taste
- garlic powder to taste
- Heat up large pot with lid with olive oil.
- Cut up celery, green pepper, and onion. Put into pot to soften, stirring occasionally.
- Add in Yves veggie ground to brown
- Once those ingredients have browned up a bit (usually 3-5 minutes)add in both cans of tomatoes and can of tomato paste.
- Add in all herbs. Notice how I said to taste? I add a lot because I love lots of flavor, but you do you!
- Bring sauce to a boil.
- Reduce heat to a simmer.
- Let sauce simmer for 2-3 hours, stirring occasionally.
Your house will smell incredible and you won’t be able to help yourself, you will continue taking tastes whilst sauce cooks!
Once the sauce is cooked you can serve it up over any pasta you choose! I chose spaghetti noodles for the first night, but I also love rigatoni noodles and penne noodles. So good!
Would you try this recipe out?
What is your favorite pasta sauce?