I don’t know about you, but I’m a neat freak who isn’t that neat. Danny Tanner would hate me! I obsess over cleaning, but I’m also the first person to throw my bra on my desk and leave it there until it’s time to wear it again.
Whoops…But why should I put the bra away when I’m just going to put it on again sometime in the near future? Beats me!
It is a bit strange though how I need to clean so often, but then allow junk to pile up on whatever I JUST cleaned. Take my desk, for instance.
This is how it looks originally.
Well now imagine this desk covered in notes and reminders, an adult coloring book, a box of markers, a box of pencil crayons, note pads, Scott’s sesame snaps, several books scattered on top of everything, a random remote, several phone chargers and cords, a dirty napkin, and a blanket…
Not too organized huh?
I think now is the time to insert the tips that I need to try harder to follow…
- Make a to do list (what should I clean first?)
- Focus on the bigger picture (the bigger picture above of my clean desk)
- Accept the flaws and move past them (I let it get this messy, my bad)
- Prioritize (this needs to be clean, I don’t need more Netflix right now, right, right?!?!)
- Positivity (I can clean this desk!)
- Take breaks (For that Netflix that I don’t need)
- Be imaginative (I imagine this desk clean)
- Be creative (I can take a creative break to colour)
- Rewards (You cleaned the desk! Ice cream!)
See, rewards can help! My desk isn’t actually clean yet, but I’m sure that by following these tips, it will get cleaned soon…I hope 🙂
What do you do to stay organized?