I’m sure you know this about me by now, but I get stressed WAY too easy.
I saw a video of a killer whale following a paddle boarder, I am so stressed out now. (Terrified of the open ocean and whales, can you blame me? I don’t want to be thrown about like a seal between whales)
I began watching Making A Murderer, and I’m stressed imagining that happening to me.
I need to take out my trash, but I want to write this post of first, now I’m stressed thinking about the fact that it is a touch hot in here and will the garbage begin to smell before I finish this post and stink up the apartment?
WHY DO I DO THIS TO MYSELF! Why would I write down all those scary and stressy things? Now they are all staying in my mind.
Way to go Brooklyn…
So without further ado, here are my tips (that I swear I’m going to follow) to hopefully help you manage your stress.
- Write it down. I’m stressed out, so what am I doing? I’m blogging. I’m writing to you and it helps me manage my stress so much. I’m pretty sure by the end of this post I won’t be worried about killer whales (why did I mention that again??)
- Shut it down. Your phone, your laptop, your TV, your video game. Chances are whatever device you’re on isn’t helping. All you’re doing is ignoring whatever is stressing you out. That won’t help you out at all. Also Google has informed me that whatever lighting is in devices can just stress you out more. Is that true? I’m not sure, but if Google says it’s true…
- Have a change of scenery. Sitting at your desk all day? Go somewhere else. Laying in bed all day. Just move to the couch. Those tiny changes help so much as the change in scenery sometimes helps put things in perspective.
- Take a walk. This tip goes hand in hand with the tip up above. Taking a walk always clears my mind. It is as if the fresh air makes me see whatever is stressing me out in a new light and I can think more clearly.
- Yoga. I just started taking yoga classes, and I love it so far. Exercise always helps with stress I find, and yoga helps me focus on whatever it is that is causing stress.
- Music. No matter my mood there is always music to help. Thank goodness for music!
What do you do when you’re feeling stressed? Any tips?