There are so many amazing things about being Canadian. We are known as the nicest people in the world, we have incredible and diverse landscapes, we are one of the biggest countries in the world, yet not overly populated. There is so much pride in this country and I for one am very proud to be Canadian.
I recently posted a “You know you’re Australian when” post, so I decided to do a Canadian one as well!
You Know You’re Canadian When…
- You call them chocolate bars, not candy bars. Because they are chocolate bars. Duh.
- It’s called pop, not soda.
- Ketchup chips are the best!
- You always have to sing along to “Hockey night in Canada”.
- Someone bumps into you and you say “sorry”.
- You are now singing “Hockey night in Canada”.
- You can out drink your foreign friends.
- You don’t want to go to America when you’re between the ages of 18-21 because you can’t legally drink alcohol there.
- You know that Thrills is a gum that tastes like soap.
- If a beer contains less than 6% alcohol it’s not good enough.
- If wine has less than 12% alcohol you won’t bother buying it.
- When you hear the lottery counter say “winner” you shout “Gagnant!”
- A smartie is a chocolate, not a rocket candy.
- A Double Double is the first thing about coffee that you learn.
- You’ve frozen your tongue to something metal in winter….or fall or spring really.
- You get excited for roll up the rim season.
- You knew what the last point was referring to.
- Most conversations will include a reference to the weather.
- You love seeing what new suit Don Cherry will be wearing that evening.
- You understand distance in minutes, not miles or kilometers.
- Everything is written in French and English.
- Ketchup is a staple in the fridge.
- You’ve gone trick or treating in a blizzard.
- You’ve eaten ice cream outside in winter.
- The seasons – Winter, Construction, scorching hot for one month, Winter again.
What points would you add that make you 100% Canadian?