For as long as I can remember popcorn has been my favorite snack. Microwaved is great, but my all time favorite has got to be air popped popcorn. Popped on a stove, it just has something special that microwave popcorn never will.
Popcorn is so versatile and can be flavored in so many different ways. You can do sweet, or salty, or these days even both sweet AND salty!
If I’m not eating air popped popcorn then I love Smart Food’s white cheddar bag. So good!
But the point of this post is to show you how to make the perfect air popped popcorn. I eat this every week, and if I had my way, I would probably eat it every other day!
What you’ll need for one person
- 1/3 cup of kernels
- 1 tbsp olive oil (any oil works though)
- a pinch of sea salt
- Frank’s Red Hot Sauce
- 2 tbsp butter
- Pour oil into large pot with lid
- Put 2-3 kernels into pot with lid and turn heat on high on the stove top
- Cover pot with lid
- Once those kernels pop, add in the rest and cover
- Let pot rest until all kernels begin popping
- Once popping occasionally lift and shake pot (use oven mitts so you don’t burn yourself)
- While popcorn is popping, melt butter in a separate small pot, or small microwavable bowl
- Turn off stove and remove pot once the kernels are nearly finished popping (you will know because the time between pops goes to about 3 seconds)
- Let popcorn rest with lid on because for the next minute or so there will be the occasional kernel pop
- Transfer popcorn to bowl and pour butter over popcorn. Add a pinch of sea salt and a few splashes of Frank’s red hot sauce.
- Mix it all together!
I love hot sauce and put it on most things, so of course I had to experiment and add it to popcorn. Best decision ever!
This snack is so delicious and easy to make.
Do you love air popped popcorn?
What about hot sauce?
What’s your favorite snack?