Food, glorious food! I love autumn/winter food as to me, it is the ultimate comfort food. There is nothing better than having meals that warm your belly and keep the colds away!
There are so many recipes that I want to try out, every time I go on Pinterest (so basically everyday) I come away with a new handful of recipes that I want to try.
I can be a bit ambitious when it comes to all of the recipes I see, but there are a few meals that I make over and over again in the cooler months.
Nothing too fancy, but quick and easy to make, and the warmest of foods to keep you satisfied!
- Beans on toast. I remember growing up and hearing adults talk about beans on toast. I thought it was an “old person thing”. Now I am 25 and decided to try beans on toast for myself. Um, obsessed! My favorite beans would have to be Heinz maple beans. It is such a filling meal that tastes incredible!
- Veggie stir fry. I admit, I eat stir fry year round, but there is something so comforting about eating a nice veggie stir fry in winter. I have been all about the green beans and carrots lately, whereas in summer I’m all about the zucchini. It is such a versatile dish that you can take into each season with you and create something new.
- Soup. Specifically either vegetable or my favorite, minestrone! I love to buy the Sensations brand of minestrone from Safeway and heat it up for dinner. But that soup is pretty expensive, so I’ll often just make my second favorite, Campbell’s brand, on the stove. I’ve been meaning to make my own home made version of minestrone soup, so I know I’ll be doing that sometime soon, as home made is so much healthier and cost efficient!
- Breakfast for dinner. I do not hide the fact that breakfast is my favorite meal of the day. I love all breakfast foods, whether it be cereal, toast, oatmeal, fruit, anything! But lately I have been making us english muffins, and making our own “egg mcmuffins” with cheese and egg on it. For Scott I’ll add fried ham and maple syrup. Sometimes we’ll have hash browns with this, or just the muffins on their own. It is SO delicious!
- Pasta. Any kind of pasta really. My favorite is spaghetti, but we’ve also has alfredo, or penne noodles. Nothing will warm you up quite like a big bowl of pasta!
What are your favorite meals to warm your belly up this year?