The first time I ever tried quinoa I fell in love. Hard. I wasn’t too sure how I would feel about it because everyone kept telling me how there was no taste. Just saying, they were wrong.
People say that it has no taste. Personally I find that there is a grainy taste, but whatever spices and sauces you add to it just enhances the flavor. I think it’s delicious.
It’s been quite a while since I’ve had quinoa so I was excited to see some in a parcel I received. I knew what I was having for dinner!
It was time to use up what veggies I had left in the fridge before they went bad, so I prepared quinoa and veggies for dinner. Little did I realize just how much one cup makes! I didn’t even eat half of the food in this bowl. Looks like I’ll be having leftovers for dinner tonight. No complaints here 🙂
- 1 cup quinoa
- 6 Brussels sprouts cut in half
- 1 large carrot
- 3/4 cup corn
- Soya sauce to taste
- 1 tbsp sesame seeds
- Cook quinoa. To do so, rinse for 3 minutes. Add quinoa to pot with 2 cups of water. Bring to a boil. Once boiling cover and simmer for 10 minutes or until fully cooked.
- Dice up carrot and slice Brussels sprouts in half.
- Add veggies to a pan with oil. Cook on medium high, turning as needed, until cooked through.
- Add quinoa to pan with veggies. Turn off heat.
- Add in Soya sauce and sesame seeds.
- Mix together.
This meal was so quick to throw together and tastes delicious. Bonus = it’s extremely healthy! Not to mention very filling.
I know I’ll be making more quinoa based meals in the near future.
Do you like quinoa?
What is your go to recipe?
Is this a recipe that you would make?