My Favourite ‘Think About Nothing And Just Chill’ Movies
Sometimes whenever I’ve had a long and hard day, or had a long day of doing nothing, I just need to relax and watch a movie. But when I’ve had one of these days, the last thing I want to do is sit down and watch a two and a half hour long movie that I have to stay involved with, or think long and hard about. Those movies are great for when I want my mind to be active. But sometimes a girl just needs to lay there and think about nothing. She just needs to let her mind go.
Sometimes the movie is really just background noise. Or sometimes your mind has turned to mush and all you can do is focus on a just relax and chill movie. Whenever I’m having one of these days where I need a think about nothing and just chill movie, I always go to the same ones, without fail.
Even if I decide that no, I’m going to choose a different one, it doesn’t happen. Here are the ones I go back to every time.
- Forgetting Sarah Marshall. By far my fave of the category. No matter how many times I watch it, I feel just as entertained. I don’t need to think long and hard about the plot, it just takes me there, and it’s a good ride. Also, Mila Kunis is amazing in it. Like we could expect any less of her. Enough said.
- Monte Carlo. As a huge Blair Waldorf fan, I love seeing Leigton Meester in this! No matter what that girl does she’s always such a pleasure to watch. And travel is one of my favourite things, so getting to imagine going on a trip like they do, too good to be true!
- Clueless. A classic. Beyond hilarious, Cher is the epitome of the girlie girl teenager. As a child, I wanted to be her. As I got older I realised that there was no way I could ever be her, as I was an old lady by the time I was 8. Also I was never nearly as into fashion or make up as she was. But still, Cher is so lovely and entertaining, and you get to see a young Paul Rudd, and an even younger Brittany Murphy!
- Any Disney movie. Specifically the Lion King, The Little Mermaid, Fox and The Hound (cause it’s the best Disney movie), and Mulan.
- Breakfast at Tiffany’s. Always one of my favourite movies. Anything with Audrey Hepburn is basically perfect. Ever since reading the book and immediately renting the movie afterwards when I was 15, this has always been one of my go to movies when I need to chill. Holly Golightly is a beautiful mess who seems like she has it all together. It’s nice as a girl knowing that we aren’t alone and can look to her for support when we need it.
- The Shawshank Redemption. I can watch this movie over and over again. Since I’ve seen it so many times I can just turn it on and not have to use my brain, or I can think about it as much as I want to. I love everything about it. This movie keeps me distracted and entertained the entire time.
I would love to hear any suggestions anyone has. I’m always looking for more movies that I can just chill to.