I’m sure most people know this by now, but autumn is by FAR my favorite season. I’m that weirdo who dislikes summer, and would much rather chase winter around the world than summer. Don’t get me wrong, I like summer for a few weeks, but I cannot handle the intense heat and sweating that comes with that season. Ew.
I like spring and all of the new life, but I know that means summer is just around the corner and I have to be prepared to barely sleep for the next few months. Who can sleep when it is so hot? Not me, that’s for sure!
I really like winter. I don’t miss the cold of Ontario, but I REALLY miss the snow. I love how rainy Vancouver gets in winter, but a white Christmas would be lovely, yeah?
My favorite thing about autumn (other than everything!) is the sweater weather. And the crisp air making walks beautiful. And all the tea I can consume. And the colors. Okay picking one thing for that sentence was just too hard. Sorry.
Basically if I had my way it would be autumn for 9 months of the year, and winter/Christmas season the other 3 months.
What a perfect world that would be 🙂
So since it is now autumn and cooler weather and rainy days are on their way, I thought I would share with you some rainy day activities to get you through the season, and make it that much better! If that’s possible 😉
- Bake. I love baking but I hate cleaning up afterwards. And I hate baking in spring or summer because turning on the oven makes my apartment so hot. So baking in autumn is just PERFECT. Think of all the muffins you could make to warm your insides 🙂
- Clear out your social media. By this I mean people you don’t care for, photos you don’t need anymore. Just refresh it all. More time for the people you love on social media!
- Scrap book. I adore scrap booking and I’m pretty sure I always will. I don’t do it near enough, but I love how creative I get whilst doing it. Embrace your inner scrap booker!
- Read. Now is the perfect time for curling up with a tea and a good book. You know you want to.
- Speaking of tea, make a full tea pot! I received my tea pot last year and it made my autumn so much better, always having a cup of tea at the ready. My insides were so warm and cozy!
- Netflix & Chill. Now is the time that it’s okay if you become a hermit and indulge in one too many Netflix shows. No one will judge you because chances are that they are all doing it also.
- Decorate your house! Autumn themed, Halloween themes, pumpkins and gourds everywhere. GO CRAZY!
- Make your house smell amazing. I’m talking all the Bath & Body Works candles. Find recipes on Pinterest that you can make on your stove to make your house smell like mulled wine. It will improve your mood, guaranteed.
- Cook all the hot foods you’ve been waiting for. For me, that is stews, chili’s, soups. Best time of year for the food!
- Organize. I always feel better after a good clean out and organize, don’t you? Your drawers and closets, your medicine cabinet, your pantry. Do it all.
- Break out the board games. You don’t play them in summer because you are too busy in the sunshine trying not to melt. But now that it’s autumn you can get cozy and spend the darker evenings playing games!
- Read a book. Best time of year to read, especially with a candle burning and a cup of tea beside you, snuggled under a mountain of blankets.
- Pamper. Take a bath with a bath bomb, by candlelight with some wine maybe? Do a face mask, cut those nails, paint those nails, wax and pluck those unwanted hairs. You will feel awesome afterwards!
- Pinterest. Pin everything!
- Play some video games. Now is the perfect time really.
- Learn something new. Anything you’ve been wanting to learn? Do it now! Don’t wait!
- Marathon your favorite series. LOTR, Harry Potter, Doctor Who. How many can you watch in a weekend? I bet a lot!
- Color in your adult coloring book that you have stuffed away in your drawer. It is sooooo therapeutic.
- Create something. Whether that’s a painting, a magazine for fun, a blog post. Embrace your inner creative. We all have one.
What are your autumn rainy day activities that you love to do?