We all know that I love all things horror. So naturally Halloween season is my time of year. This season, however, I’m finding a lot of people who find Halloween scary and won’t watch any of the scary movies I recommend. I decided to throw together a list of some not so scary movies for this Halloween season.
This list is a list of movies for those who can’t quite handle the horror.
Don’t worry, these movies are all FUN Halloween ones. The ones I watched as a kid and continue watching each year as an adult. Some of these I have to watch every year, and some every other year or so. I mean, I can only fit so many in with the other really scary horror movies I have to watch.
- HalloweenTown 2: Kalabar’s Revenge
- HalloweenTown High
- Return To HalloweenTown
- Hocus Pocus
- The Nightmare Before Christmas (It IS a Halloween movie!)
- Edward Scissor Hands
- Mr.Boogedy 2
- The Haunted Mansion
- Tower of Terror
- Monster House
- The Corpse Bride
- The Addams Family
- The Addams Family Values
- The Witches
- Double Double Toil and Trouble
- The Halloween Tree (I used to watch this as a kid and last year finally watched it again)
- Toy Story of Terror
- Scooby Doo
- It’s The Great Pumpkin Charlie Brown
- Casper Meets Wendy
- Ghost Busters (original and new version)
- Ghost Busters 2
- James and the Giant Peach
- The Little Vampire (I seriously LOVE this film)
- Monsters Inc.
- Monsters University
- Hotel Transylvania
- Hotel Transylvania 2
- Goose Bumps
- All the Harry Potter Movies, I think these movies are perfect for BOTH Halloween and Christmas
- The Worst Witch
So I had planned to only do 31 movies so that way there is one for each day, but then I got a tad excited and kept going. SO. Now you have options 🙂
I’m already so excited for the HalloweenTown movies, Hocus Pocus, The Little Vampire, and Mr.Boogedy.
Which ones of these are your favorites?
And which ones am I forgetting?
There’s so many here that I’ve never heard of! The rest are a nice childhood reminder though. I haven’t seen some of these in so long! Casper was my favourite as a kid x
You need to watch them all! I just watched Casper last night, it is so good!