It’s official – I have now been living in Vancouver for four years! When we moved here I don’t think I really expected to make Vancouver home, but that’s what it has become for me. Vancouver definitely has it’s faults, but there is so much going on here that the pros far outweigh the cons.
Though I have been living here for four years now there is still so much that I have yet to do. That’s the thing with living in a city, there is simply so much to do that making time for it all is near impossible!
Things I Still Need To Do In Vancouver
- Explore any museum. I know I know, four years and I haven’t been to any museum?! To be fair there aren’t a ton, but I need to get myself to the Beaty Biodiversity Museum, The Maritime Museum, and the Museum of Vancouver.
- Grouse Mountain. Skiing in winter, hiking, the sky ride and the two resident grizzly bears in the summer, with gorgeous views over the city, Grouse mountain is so close to the city I need to get there.
- Eat at more vegan restaurants. Being vegetarian in Vancouver is the best! There are so many options everywhere you go, and Vancouver boasts so many incredible vegan restaurants, I really want to check out more!
- Capilano Suspension Bridge. This is probably the most touristy thing in Vancouver, yet I’ve never been. I’ve tried to make plans several times, but each time they’ve fell through. With a shuttle from the city, it is so easy to get to. I’ve seen photos of the bridge lit up at night and it looks so beautiful.
- Go whale watching. I have a fear of the open water and whales but I would love to see orcas in the wild. I went whale watching a few years back and it was lots of fun, so I’m sure whale watching here would be just as great.
- Take the ferry to the island. Vancouver island is a quick ferry ride away. I want to explore Victoria for a few days, go try surfing in Tofino, check out Nanaimo, all the fun island things. I would love to rent a cabin for a weekend somewhere and just relax.
As you can see, there is so much to do in Vancouver. I really need to make some solid plans to do more around this city!
Do you need to explore more of your city?
Have you ever been to Vancouver?