I’ve always been a pretty positive person.
Generally happy, it has always taken a lot to make me feel like I’ve had a ‘bad’ day.
This past year that has changed, and I’m finally figuring out ways to change that.
I can now say it’s been a few weeks since I can say I’ve had a truly bad day, and I’m hoping that by following these tips myself, I can make that number even bigger.
These tips here are just what I have always found make my bad days turn around.
Who knows if they’ll work for you, but hopefully at least one of them will!
Tips I Find Useful
- Make a hot cup of tea. Tea is something that really relaxes me. As a child I hated tea, but then one day I decided to try a cup of green tea and loved it. Now I am fully obsessed with tea, and a day without tea is a day not complete. If I’m ever feeling really stressed or bad, just taking a few minutes to sip my tea instantly relaxes me and helps to make me feel much more calm.
- Meditate. This is something that I don’t do enough, but I find when I do it really helps out. I wish I had the pull to do it daily, but maybe I can try to start by increasing my meditation sessions to a few times a week, not just when I’m having a bad day. I know there are websites that walk you through guided meditation sessions, or you can just sit quietly and do it yourself. I prefer the second option.
- Exercise. I have always found that exercise is such a mood booster. We all know that it’s scientifically proven, since exercise releases our endorphin’s. Whether I do a really intense hard core workout, or choose something more fun like Zumba, I always feel better afterwards.
- Like my previous tip, Yoga is such a great way to relax when having a bad day. I used to have a yoga routine DVD and now I have no clue where it is. Now I just pick videos from YouTube to follow along to. I’m not sure if the way the breathing slows while doing yoga, or the feel of the stretch, but it is such a calming way to put yourself in a better mood.
- Listen to your favourite music. Sing along. Rock out. Have a dance party. Solo. Really break it down. Do that and try to come away still in a bad mood. I dare you.
- Write. For me blogging is my form of therapy. I feel such a sense of release and calm after writing, and it helps me feel accomplished. Growing up whenever something bad happened I would always take to my room to write. Now I take to this blog. My blog is only four months old, but I already cannot imagine now having this space to write and make my day that much better.
- Make some delicious comfort food. My favourite comfort food is soup. I always feel so much better after having a nice bowl of soup. The warmth makes me feel cozy and happy. What is your favourite comfort food?
- Watch your favourite movie or TV show. I love Disney movies. Whenever I watch one I usually cry. IT helps let out the emotions of the bad day, but I always feel so happy by the end. How can you feel bad after a nice cry and amazing, happy ending?
- Have a nice long sleep. It is hard to wake up in a bad mood after a nice long sleep. And when you wake up, it’s a new day. Time to start fresh and let the previous bad day go.
There are obviously so many different ways to cheer you up on a bad day. These are just some of the ways that I choose to cheer myself up. Lately things have been going great for me, but I still thought it is important to share my personal ways to improve a bad day.
I hope at least one of these can help you out!