Life can be stressful at the best of times, can’t it? It is so easy to get caught up in the stress and just focus on that instead of the good. We are all guilty of it.
I have been pretty good with dealing with stress lately and thought that maybe I should share with you all?
Ways To Relieve Stress
- Get outside as much as possible. Yes the weather is now quite chilly and the rain is coming in. But really if anything this is the best time to get myself outside. The air is so crisp and fresh and cool, every breath I feel like I’m inhaling an igloo. Going on long walks with this air refreshes my head and helps me to smile over the leaves crunching and how good it feels to just breathe. (But I really do miss chipmunks, random fact. I have not seen one since moving to BC)
- While on said walk find the beauty (or ugliness if that’s what you’re into) of your surroundings and take photos. I love going through my camera when I’m overcome with panic and clearing my mind by looking at the beautiful photos I’ve managed to take. Editing photos are also a really good way to clear your mind, because it is focusing so much on something else. Something you have created. It is one of my favorite things to do.
- When inside drink copious amounts of tea. I pretty much do this anyways. I’ve always drunk lots of tea. Tea calms me down so much I find. My favourite is green or ginger mint with a touch of honey. Anytime I have a hot cup of tea in my hand I find my mind is focused on the pleasure that brings, so my mind is much clearer.
- Listen to some music. Calming or whatever you’re into. Music helps transport us to another place. The amount of people who have told me that they could not live without music. They are so right.
- Lose yourself in a good book. I have always loved reading and can spend all day reading before I notice just how many hours have passed. Reading is the perfect way to clear your mind and get into somebody else’s.
- Watch something that makes you happy. I currently have the movie Hook on in the background. It is so magical and reminds me of my youth.
I wasn’t going to post this originally because I feel like there are so many similar posts but in the end I thought why not? I love reading them and I’m sure that others do as well 🙂
How do you relax?
What is your biggest stress reliever?